- How to make a simple trailer skin?
- How to use Mods Studio 2 with Pauly?
- Making Custom Mud flaps with Pauly
- How to use 3D Previewer with Pauly?
- Importing ETS2 Trucks into 3D Previewer
- Mudguard Truck Skin ATS
- How to create a new profile based upon an existing profile?
- How to do several mods in one project?
- How to skin a Tandem?
- Metallic Skin Tutorial
- Advanced Skinning Tutorial
- Putting a Logo on a Masked Skin
- SCS Workshop Uploader Tutorial
Dealing with Issues
Mods Studio 2 version: v2022.01 or newer
Updated on: Mon 30th May, 2022
Although we always try to create a stable and reliable software, having limited time for testing means there will be issues released to end users. Also, using new technologies means we have to go trough a learning curve about deployment and possible issues. This tutorial article should give you some ideas how to deal with possible issues, crashes and/or bugs.
In case you experience issues, this is the procedure you should follow:
- Check if you have the latest Mods Studio 2 version, and download the newest if necessary.
- Try troubleshooting steps as described in this article.
- See if your issue is mentioned on this scs forum post and follow any instructions given to fix the issue.
- See if the issue was already reported and/or solved on our Discord or in the official SCS Software forum thread.
- Report your issue and wait for the fix to be implemented in a new release of MS2.
- Make sure your system meets our requirements - a minimum of Windows 7 SP1, and a x64 system. Consider upgrading your system if you do not meet these requirements.
- Mods Studio 2 relies on .Net 5 to run. Make sure you download and install the latest .NET 5.0 Desktop Runtime (v5.0.15) - Windows x64 on your PC.
- If the above did not help, try downloading and installing a full .Net5 SDK (software development kit).
- If your error log has a message saying "DirectXTex failed for some reason" try installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
- Make sure you have sufficient privileges on your system to run the application. This might require moving the application to a different folder/location on your hard drive. Also try running the application as an administrator.
- Check if your anti virus software is possibly blocking the application (or one of it's components).
- Check if there are application error/crash logs in the Output folder and if they contain useful information about the issue.
To help us diagnose and fix problems with Mods Studio 2 make sure you send all required information when reporting an issue, crash or a bug. We cannot help you if you just say "It doesn't work".
List of required information:
- Version of Mods Studio 2 you are using
- Version of Windows you are using, including service packs, and if it's 32 or 64 bit
- Do you have .Net Core 5 runtime libraries and/or SDK installed
- Attach any error logs from the applications Output folder
- Describe what you were doing when the issue occurred
- If possible, copy all the text (including details) from the error message if there is one.
- If possible, make a screenshot or a video of the bug
The fastest way to report it is on our Discord, or on the SCS Software forums in our official thread. Don't worry if you don't get a personalized reply - it doesn't mean we didn't see it. We take note of every report and we try to fix all issues. We just might not have enough time to send replies to everyone as we do get a lot of reports. Just give us a bit of time and wait for the next release. Hopefully it will contain a fix for your issue.